Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Hello!!

Week 9 - Post Falls, Idaho

This has been such a great and busy week!! We have a few new investigators!! They are all so great, but one of them we especially love. She has the coolest story!  Her name is Penny, she's in her 60s, and she is from New Orleans.  She lives up in the mountain in the most beautiful house ever and the view is amazing!!! I love going to her house! And she always gives us snacks too! Her neighbors are members and they referred us to her.  So we go and knock on her door and she was telling us how embarrassed she was because she hadn't fixed her hair yet and she thought she looked bad but really she looked fine! Anyways she let us in and told us her whole life story. She told us about how one day she was praying in church and she really felt like God was telling her that she needed to move somewhere else and build a refuge. And she didn't listen for the longest time because she was scared but she said she had never felt a stronger feeling before! So she talked to her pastor about it and some of the members of her church and they all told her she was crazy because she is a widow and had a beautiful house there and God wouldn't tell her to do something like that.  And she was kinda offended that none of her friends would support her when she knew that it was what she was supposed to be doing.  So after a few years of searching and praying of where she needed to move she finally felt right about Post Falls. She bought a huge piece of land up in the mountains and built a huge home! And she said she prayed about how she was supposed to build it and did exactly what God wanted her to do.  So now her house has a whole bunch of bedrooms and food storage!!! And she told her neighbors and us that she would love to have the missionaries come live with her! And then when we were teaching her she told us that she feels like God has been preparing her for us to come knock on her door because first she moves out here and her neighbors are members and they have helped her out so much. And then her granddaughter started dating a boy who is on a mission now.  And then the missionaries before us knocked on her door and she said she wasn't prepared then but now she is and she wanted to meet with us.  So her and her granddaughter want to learn more about the church together!  And then another thing she said when we were teaching her about the Book of Mormon was that she always wondered why God would just keep his word in one little part of the world.  She was like if He loves all his children wouldn't he speak to them in all parts of the world? Everything she said lined up exactly with what we taught her. After we left her house we we were like what the heck!  She is so prepared to have the gospel! We are teaching her again on Wednesday and I am so sad because we are doing exchanges that day and I'm going to Coeur D'Alene :(:( We are so excited for her though! Oh and also another cool thing is that we were promised that if between us and the elders (we share a ward) we can teach 70 lessons a week then we will get another set of missionaries and they will cover the other side of the river. And then she could have missionaries with her.  I'm not sure how much the elders teach but me and Sister Jeffery taught 34 lessons last week so we could easily do that!

We went and saw Mickey a couple more times this week.  But last time we saw her she was going through her stuff and getting rid of things and she gave me the cutest purse ever!!!! I love it!! And it’s like a really nice brand! I can't remember what kind it is but she told me that if I held on to it it will be worth lots of money down the road. I don't think I will ever get rid of it though because it is so cute!!! I put all my stuff into it and was using it for a couple days but I'm paranoid that someone's dog is going to ruin it because they always are all over me! And I definitely don't want to take it to Brazil, so I'm gonna send it home when I get a chance.  She also gave us a whole bunch of turtle necks and we have no idea what to do with them (haha) and she gave me these sketcher shape ups and promised me that they would make my legs so good. I was like I can't wear these with my skirts but she made me take them anyways! So we have a whole bunch of her stuff in a huge pile in our car and we don't know what to do with it!

To answer some of your questions... we eat pretty well.  I've only ate at a members house twice so far, but they passed around a schedule to feed us in church yesterday and so now almost every night for the rest of the month we're going to be in someone's home! We’re excited because we feel like there are so many people in our ward that we don't know and then when we want someone to come teach with us or if we need a ride we never know who to ask! The members are all sooooo nice though! I love this ward and I don't ever want to get transferred until I go to Brazil.  I can't even believe how many awesome families one ward can have! Anyways when we do have to make our own food we actually make pretty good food most of the time.  I always eat oatmeal for breakfast. I don't know where it came from but I'm in love with oatmeal now! We exercise pretty much every morning for like 25 minutes.  We try to take it serious but we're always so tired! Most mornings we do good though.

I got your box!!!! Oh my gosh, thank you thank you thank you thank you!!! That was the best day ever!!! I got your box and also I got a birthday letter from grandma and grandpa!!!! I LOVE MAIL!!! :) And we all love the ipod! Everyone was so excited to have good music playing in the mornings! I'm wearing the green necklace today.  And I'm so excited to have more stamps too!!! Thank you!  You are the best!!!!

I'm glad to hear Livee is doing good! Rae keep running her and make her skinny by the time I get home! I miss her!! She is so cute!!

Ok but I think that is about it for this week! I might write a letter if I think of more that I forgot. Thank you so much for everything! Love and miss you all!

Love,

Sister Bedke






0 comments:

Post a Comment