Monday, February 9, 2015

Week 55 - Camaragibe

Dear family and friends,

Thank you so much for the emails and pictures. I can’t believe how much snow you guys have. It looks so pretty. Are you back to going to school normal without delays or anything? Rae looked so so so pretty for the dance. I loved the dress and the accessories. Did she actually dance or stand there and talk? :) I have been learning how to salsa!! Everyone here knows how to dance and loves dancing. So living with a lot of Latin Americans I’ve learned a few things. I’m really bad, but it’s a lot of fun trying haha.

This has been a good week. Everyone is doing well. Three investigators came to church yesterday. One is a mom of a family that we have been teaching. They have been meeting with the missionaries for a long time and know everything, just don’t want to get married. We had a few good lessons with them this week and then went back on Saturday to invite them to church again and she didn’t think she would go because she had a few things she needed to do. We shared with her the importance of going to church and putting Christ as a first priority but we didn’t think she really understood after we left. But she came!! We were super happy.

This week Sister Vasquez had to go to the doctor and we got to go back to Boa Viagem!!! It was the best. I love that area so so so much. My dream is to go back there my last transfer. You guys need to go there some day!

This week is the start of a holiday here called Carnival. Its gets really crazy apparently and isn’t very safe for us to be on the streets, so we have to go home every day at 5 o clock from the 13th until the 19th. I don’t like staying inside so much, but we will have a lot of time to study.

One important thing that I’ve been learning is the importance of reading the scriptures, saying prayers, church attendance, the simple things that truly make a huge difference. We’ve met a few different families that were at one point super strong in the gospel, but for some reason stopped doing those simple things maybe for not even very much time, but fell away. And at first I think how could that happen? No one is exempt from Satan’s temptings. But God is so much more powerful. I really like what it says in Helaman 5:12. When we have a foundation constructed on Christ that makes all the difference. Doing those simple things can keep us safe from sin.

I hope you all have a great week. I love you all!

Love,

Sister Bedke



0 comments:

Post a Comment