Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Dear Family and Friends

Week 5 - Provo MTC
This has probably been the most exciting week yet! First of all, I got my reassignment to Spokane Washington!!! I am so excited!  There are four of us Brazil visa waiters going there.  And one of them is from my district! We are teaching companions right now so we're already good friends! I was excited to know some people headed there with me!  So from my district this was our reassignments: me and Elder Kaiser are going to Spokane, one is going to Portland, Oregon (I’m kinda jealous of him), one is going to Rochester, New York, and one got his visa and is headed to Recife on Monday!!! I don’t know what day I’m leaving yet but it will most likely be early Monday or early Tuesday.  So I have like a week left here!! It’s crazy and scary but I’m excited!! I met a guy here that is from the Spokane area and he was talking about how awesome it is and how pretty it is there.  And he said there are a lot of members there.  Which scares me because I’m probably gonna get fed all the time and gain so much weight!! Oh well though, I’m so ready for real food! The food here at the MTC is getting a little old!  I love the breakfasts, but everything else I'm sick of having.  But considering how many people they have to feed they do a good job with the food for the most part. Oh also I met a guy from Recife here!!! He is the most friendly guy ever!!! He was so excited to have met someone going there. hahah  He was so funny.  He told me all about the area and told me about his favorite soccer team there and made me promise him I would cheer for them.  I hope everyone there is as nice as he is!
Another awesome thing that happened this week, Elder Holland was at our devotional on Sunday!!!!! It was so cool!!! His son, who is the president of UVU, was the speaker.  So he came with his family and sat up on the stand! He talked to us for like 5 minutes and introduced his son.  I thought it was cool how he kinda took all the attention off of himself and put it all on his son and how he is so proud of him and the rest of his family.  It was kinda sad that we didn’t get to hear much from him, but his son gave such a good talk! It was definitely the best one so far!! He talked about the life of Joseph Smith.  I learned a lot of cool things about him that I never knew before.  And then it was also cool because the choir at the end sang the prettiest version of Praise to the Man.  I lost my voice though!!!!!! I was so sad that I couldn’t hardly sing!!!! I literally couldn’t sing above a G. I just pretended like I was singing the whole time.  It was such a great night though! And it was perfect timing for me because I’m about to be done with the Book of Mormon from cover to cover.  It was a great testimony builder.  And then at the end when they were leaving Elder Holland blew us a kiss and it was the cutest thing ever it about made me cry!
The other good thing about this week was me and Elder Kaiser and Stutz had our best lesson ever yesterday! We taught about the restoration of the gospel.  My favorite part was when we told him the first vision (which I don’t have memorized in English, only Portuguese so I need to do that for WA).  There was the best feeling in the room! And we all worked together so well.  Like we would build off of what the other person was saying and it flowed really well! And then at the end of our lesson we usually just ask if we can come back tomorrow and say bye but this time he told us to stay in the room because he wanted to talk to us.  He told us that that was the best lesson he has been taught yet since he's been working here! And he said that it was also the most unified lesson he's been taught! We were soooo excited!!! I like when he told us that our Portuguese wasn't perfect, but the spirit that he felt there was perfect. It was the best feeling ever! We were so proud of ourselves because we have been working hard this past week and trying to stay focused and on task during our study times.  It’s the best feeling to see that hard work pay off!
I can't believe that I only have less than a week here and then I'll be out in the real world! I feel like I just got here! But I’m so excited to move on and start teaching real people.  I don’t really feel ready but idk if I ever would even if I stayed here another month. 
I got the valentines package.  Thank you soo much!! I love all the pictures too.  I showed everyone in my zone how cute Rae and Carter are :) I’m so excited someone is interested in my car!!
This sunday in church me and the other girls in my zone are singing A Child’s Prayer in Portuguese!! It sounds so cute in Portuguese! We’re going to record ourselves practicing and I’ll send it to you if I can figure that out.  The words are kinda a lot different in Portuguese if you translate it exactly but it’s still really cute!
I think that is about it for this week! DONT FORGET THAT I CAN CALL YOU AND DONT FORGET TO ANSWER YOUR PHONE!!! Idk when the next time I can write another long email will be because I most likely won’t be here next Tuesday. But i get to check my email pretty much this weekend so email me back!!! Thank you for everything! Love and miss you all!
Love,
Sister Bedke


   



0 comments:

Post a Comment