Tuesday, August 12, 2014
Week 30 - Gravatá

I think I’ve said this a few times before but this was probably the best week of my mission! I was just so happy this whole week. It’s the best thing ever. Last week I don’t even really know why but it was hard and stressful and I prayed and studied a lot and this week was just the best!!

It started with our lesson with Kaio. We had a great lesson just about the Gospel in general. Faith, repentance, baptism, the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. He is perfect! He knows a lot more than most of the people we teach. I want him and Carter to be friends!!!!! Ok I just want to explain him to you so you can understand how cute he is. So he usually is out playing with his friends when we come so Cassiane runs and tells him to come to the house for a lesson. So he comes running in and he always gives his Gma Maria a kiss and sits by her and listens to everything. And he’s not annoyed or bored by it, he likes learning more! And then throughout he asks questions and makes comments. At the end of the lesson we asked when we could come back and he said.....can you tomorrow?? Ummmm YES WE CAN! We taught him three times this week! We invited him to be baptized on the 24th and he was so excited! Aww and he can get the priesthood too and pass the sacrament and he’s going to go on a mission someday. The only sad part...he was all excited to go to church on Sunday and obviously we were all excited too. But we get there and just Maria and Cassiane showed up and Maria told us that he had to go to his grandpas house with his parents (you guys know that Alana is his mom right?) because yesterday was father’s day. And she told us that he was so sad he cried! But it’s alright, he'll be there next week.

We taught a lot of other good lessons. Jô is progressing and reading the Book of Mormon in between our visits. She still hasn’t come to church yet, so she can’t be baptized on the date we had marked but everything will happen in the right timing. We taught Josa and Marcio. Ok so they are the couple that came to church a couple weeks ago, they are friends of a member. And Marcio is the nicest most purest guy.  We teach them again tonight!

I can’t believe I’ve never told you guys this. But there has literally been times when I’m walking down the street and I can just feel that people are praying for me. I don’t really know how to explain it, but hopefully you know what I mean. It’s a really good feeling!

Ok but I don’t have that much time left because I still need to write to President. Sorry I didn’t talk much about the rest of my investigators.  I’ll tell more next week! Love and miss you guys! Thank you for everything!!!

Love,

Sister Bedke







0 comments:

Post a Comment