Monday, August 25, 2014
Week 31 - Gravatá

I can’t believe you guys are in school again! I feel like summer just started there. Crazy! What made Carter want to run cross country? I didn’t know he liked running that much. Does he have friends that do it too? How many miles is each meet? Does he like it? I’m sad that I can’t message with Rae and Carter now :( I don’t want them to be in school!!!

This week was pretty good. We had a lot of lessons fall through and a lot of people not in their houses. The highlight of the week was Kaio at church yesterday! He was shy, but I think he made some friends. Everyone was really nice to him and he said he really liked it. He has opened up a lot more when we are at his house. He told us about his girlfriend!! His mom was like WHAT??!! haha I still don’t know if he was kidding or not. But as of now his baptism will be next Sunday!! I’m excited.

Jô still hasn’t come to church yet. We visited her yesterday with a member and had a really good lesson. She wants to come just not bad enough yet. She lets little things stop her from coming. But we're working and praying a lot to know what she needs. Hopefully we can figure it out soon! She is perfect and reads the Book of Mormon and lives all the commandments and loves learning more.

We taught a lesson last night for a less active older lady. When we got there her nonmember niece was there helping her clean. We taught her about the Book of Mormon and gave her a copy. The member that was with us yesterday, Graça, bore her testimony and the Spirit was so strong. I know that she felt it too! Members help sooooooo much!

One cool thing that happened this week that I think you guys will like. During companionship study Sister Andrade said that she read a scripture and it reminded her of me. It’s 3 Nephi 12:9, the one that talks about peacemakers. I’m not telling you to brag but I just thought it was really cool how dad talked about how he blessed me to be a peacemaker when I was a baby but I was always kind of the opposite. I know everyone was thinking what the heck when I was at home because I wasn’t the best at making peace but I guess some things just take time to actually happen :)

I have a couple videos to send of how pretty it is at one of the member’s house. He lives way out in the country 30 minutes from Gravatá. I love having lunch at his house! Sorry this letter is kinda short and brief. I can’t think of everything that happened! I hope you guys have a good week! Love you!


Love,
Sister Bedke



0 comments:

Post a Comment