Thursday, October 30, 2014
Week 41 - Goiana

Hello!!!

Sorry this is two days late. We had transfers and p-day was switched to today because right now I’m in Recife about to go to the temple!! Soooo Sister Andrade and I were both transferred!! Holy stressful! We had to write a journal for the new missionaries coming in about all the people we are teaching and how to get to their houses and all that. Hopefully they are finding everything! My new area is Goiana. It’s a 2 hour bus ride from Recife. My companion is Sister Cariola from Chile!! She is awesome! I was really excited to have a Hispanic companion. Last night she said a prayer in Spanish. And guess what..I understood everything!! I was so excited! I want to learn Spanish someday, seriously. I’ll be able to use that more in the US than Portuguese. But anyways I really like my new area so far. It’s a little different than Gravata. Gravata is a tourist city and Goiana is less stores and shopping and more houses! We have a mansion house!! It’s awesome! There are two bathrooms for us 4 sisters that live here. Oh I almost forgot! I live with sisters from Chile, Argentina, and an American that is a Mexican and speaks Spanish in her home. So I better learn some Spanish this transfer! Actually I already am learning lots because my companion only has 4 months as a missionary and speaks a mixture of Portuguese and Spanish haha.  It’s so funny! For the first time ever the people we teach look to me to clarify what she says! It’s always been the other way around! Everybody always looks to my companion like what the heck did she say?! She’s awesome though. Super humble, friendly, and loves to work. I’m excited!

We taught a lot of awesome people yesterday. And we marked a baptism for November 14. I’m really, really excited to be here! I loved Gravata and was really sad to leave, but now that I’m here I feel like it’s exactly where I need to be. It was hard saying bye to the people in Gravata though. We had sooo many people calling us the last night saying bye. A few people stopped by our house to give us hugs. Also I’ll miss Sister Andrade so much! We were like best friends. But for sure we'll be friends after we get home too. 

Thanks for the pictures! Sorry this letter is so short. But idk what else to write about! Next p-day will be normal on Monday. I’m so excited to go to the temple! I have soooooo many pictures, but I’m just gonna choose a few to send to you guys. Love you!! Have a great week.

Love,


Sister Bedke

0 comments:

Post a Comment