Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Week 74 - Camaragibe

Dear Family and Friends,

Well today is my last p-day. I am sad that it is coming to an end but also excited. It’s a lot of emotions actually! It still hasn’t really set in. I am super grateful for everything that has happened the past year and a half and everything that I’ve learned. I wouldn’t trade my time here for anything.

Today we came to the center of Recife and I bought a few souvenirs. Next Monday I think we have a training for the missionaries going home and then Tuesday I’m going to the temple and then to the airport!

This week has been good because I’ve been so busy that I don’t have any time to worry about anything else besides my work here. We had a zone conference and learned how to make goals and then work to reach those goals. We have to make plans of exactly what we will do to reach our goal. I learned a lot of things that I’ll use for the rest of my life. President Bigelow is so great. I have learned soooooo much from him. I am grateful to serve in his mission. Sister Vasquez and I had to give a training and it went good. We were happy about it. We have been planning the way that President Bigelow taught us and setting goals that make us work hard. I won’t lie I am sooooooo tired. But it’s a good thing.

I’ve been thinking and reflecting a lot about all the things I’ve learned and just how grateful I am to be here. It was the hardest thing ever at times, but also the most rewarding. I love seeing the changes that people make in their life once they come to know Christ. I love seeing the miracles that happen in people’s lives. And I love seeing myself grow and change. I know that Brazil is where I needed to be during this time. I love the scripture in Luke that says "For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it." And I know that that is so true! I’m excited to apply everything that I’ve learned here once I get home. The last 18 months was just the beginning! I know that the Atonement is real and that change is real! I know that if we have an open heart, he will mold our lives so that we can find real happiness. I just love this gospel!

Love you all! And I can’t wait to see you!!!!

Love,

Sister Bedke

0 comments:

Post a Comment