Wednesday, September 3, 2014
Week 33 - Gravatá

Hello!!

Thank you for the emails and for all the pics. I love when Rae and Cart don’t have school and can talk to me. It’s so funny! Ok I have good news and bad news... your box got here, so that’s good. The bad news is that I have to pay 100 reis to get it. What the heck did you send haha. I’m not sure what to do. Is it even worth it? I think it is if it has American food!!

Ok I have two lessons this week that stuck out a lot to me. The first one was when we were knocking doors, a lady answered and at first she wasn’t really interested, but one thing that I’ve learned time and time again is if you just keep talking to them and show interest in their life they usually let you in. I don’t even know how many times that has happened when at first they are really cold but then after a couple of minutes they are like come in! Do you want food? Sit down and rest a little! So anyway we go in and it was a great-grandma, a grandma, a daughter and then the daughter had a little son. We taught them a little bit about the restoration but for the most part we just answered questions. The daughter has a friend that is a member and she had a million questions. But she paid really good attention and had a desire to learn more. She is really interested! And she told us that she has been looking and praying for the right church and that she is really open to learning. The great-grandma loved me :) She kept saying she likes the way I talk haha.  It was so cute!

Also last night we taught a 17 year old boy in the house of his aunt who is a member. We taught the restoration and watched the film with him. He loved it! He said that everything made so much more sense to him. He could relate a lot to Joseph Smith wondering which of all the religions is right. We invited him to be baptized and he accepted!! I hope I’ll still be here for his baptism. He is just a really nice and innocent guy that wants to do what’s right. I’m excited for him!

Yesterday went to a different city called Bazerros. It’s part of our area but we never go there because its 20 minutes away on a bus and I would be lost too. But one of the ladies in our ward wanted us to visit less active people there with her. There are only 2 active families in this town. Anyway, so yesterday we went there with her and the Bishop’s wife and we met a lot of the people there. It was so much fun! Most of the people are inactive just because the church is so far away. I know that with sacrifice comes lots of blessings. The Irmãs we were with were the cutest things ever! We gave them those little pass along card and they were stopping and talking with literally everyone on the streets! They are the best missionaries. It was a lot of fun.

To answer your question yes I play the piano for sacrament. It’s a lot of fun! I think I’m getting better at the piano too. When I come home I want to practice a lot more and get a lot better. Bishop is sad that I won’t be here for Christmas because we wanted to have a special sacrament meeting. I’m sad too! 

I hope you all have a great week! Thank you for everything. Love you guys!

Love

Sister Bedke





0 comments:

Post a Comment