Monday, March 16, 2015

Week 60 - Camaragibe

Dear Family & Friends,

Thank you so much for the emails. You guys help me to be better. Also yesterday I got 3 boxes! Thank you thank you thank you! I love everything! Seriously you guys are the best.

We have had a great week again. I have a few stories for you... ok so first do you guys remember the lady that prayed for us like “please bless these 2 girls that I don’t understand and I think that they don’t understand me either”?  Ok so we decided to go back there. At first I was like what the heck are we doing but when you feel like you need to go back it means you need to go back. So this time she lets us in her house and she opened up and told us about her life. And she has a really sad story.  Her husband left her and her kids are grown up and married so she lives all alone. And she told us that the first time we came she got scared that we were bad people so that’s why she rushed us out the door. But we taught her about the restoration of the gospel and it was such a good lesson. We felt the Spirit so strong and she was so excited to get to know the church. She was busy this Sunday but promised she would come the next. I think I need to read that talk that you mentioned mom because after we left I felt really bad for judging her and thinking that she was crazy when that’s not the case. 

The family we have been teaching is doing pretty good. They need a little more like excitement! I don’t even know. But it seems like things are going slowly with getting the wedding all organized. And it’s one of those things where we can’t do much for them (or else we would) but they have to go and do the paperwork and schedule everything. I don’t even know how it works, I just know that they can’t wait till the last day and expect everything to be ready and done. Dad, are you happy that I’ve learned this lesson haha?  I thought about me and signing up for my college classes and how it just doesn’t work like that. Yesterday we read with them from Alma 40 which talks about life after death. It was so cool to see how the Book of Mormon was the main teacher in the lesson. It can teach 100x better than us anyways. It explains everything so perfectly and simply. The Dad didn’t want to stop reading. I love the Book of Mormon and the Spirit that it brings.

A guy from our ward was telling us about a book-I forget the name- that he read. I think maybe it was the Path to Perfection. He talked a lot about the quote "where much is given, much is required." I’ve been thinking about how blessed I have been in my life starting with my family. I am so grateful for you guys and the example that you have always been in my life. I’m grateful for everything that you have always taught me. I am grateful for how you raised me and the love you both always showed for me. And when I think of all these blessing it helps me to be a better missionary. I have been given so so much, so I need to give more to the Lord and His work. I need to show my gratefulness by being better and serving others. I think the best way to show our love for God is by serving others. I think that’s what makes Him the happiest is when we serve His other children that He loves.

Thank you guys for everything. Love you all so much! I hope by next week I am an Aunt!!!!!! Thinking and praying for you Jess!

Love,

Sister Bedke

 Fresh coconut!

I love them!

0 comments:

Post a Comment