Monday, May 11, 2015

Week 68 - Camaragibe

Dear Family and Friends,

It was so good to see and talk to you guys yesterday! Idk how it was for you, but for me the time went by so fast. I have so much more to tell you. When I get home I’ll tell you guys about everything and I want to know everything that has happened there too. Everett is so cute! It was awesome to see him! I’m glad that everything worked out with the 3-way skype. The Irma was doing like a 6-way skype with her nephew who is a missionary and her sisters. It was awesome! Everyone said that we have a beautiful family. They liked seeing you guys!

This week was good! I don’t have much to say because I told you guys most of it yesterday. We have been talking with a lot of people.  Yesterday before skype we were knocking doors close to the member’s house and we met a young lady. Her name is Karol. We taught her about the plan of salvation and it was a really good lesson. We will see! 

We had a leadership meeting this week with President Bigelow. He taught us how we can teach better about prophets. A lot of people here think that if you believe in God then you are a prophet. Or they think that we are prophets! He showed us a lot of scriptures in the Bible that we can use to help people better understand that there is only one prophet on the earth at a time that has the keys and authority. While I was writing about that I just remembered something funny that happened a few weeks ago. We met the funniest/weirdest man on the street. I don’t know if he was drunk or if he is just really weird. But he saw that we are missionaries so he came up to us and started telling us how he is a prophet and all the things that God has told him to do and a whole bunch of random stuff. He talked for forever and then we had to cut him off to be able to leave but he was like "nooooo please don’t leave!! I’m gonna go with you guys. With 3 of us God will be with us more strongly. Let me walk with you till the light pole!" and by this point I was laughing so hard because he was being so funny! He was saying so much random stuff and then added in your pretty! and then continued on with his sermon. Idk how to explain it very well you just had to be there. But he finally did go away. I hope to see him again someday, because he made our day!

I have a lot of pictures to send! I hope you all have a great week! Love you all! Thank you for everything!

Love,

Sister Bedke

0 comments:

Post a Comment