Wednesday, December 31, 2014
Week 49 - Boa Viagem


Dear Family,

I hope everyone had a great Christmas. Mine was one of the best Christmases ever. It was way different than our normal traditions, but it was the best! It was so good to skype you guys. It passed way too fast though. I wanted like an hour to talk to each one of you haha. Sorry I feel like I just talked the whole time and I don’t even know what’s going on with you guys!! But thank you for all the pictures you guys sent. I love all of them! It looks like you guys had a great Christmas too.

I don’t have much to say today. Yesterday was great! Three investigators came to church with us. Yesterday I realized how grateful I am for the time that I spent in Gravata. I learned so much there! First of all with having to give so many talks, now I don’t even have to write everything that I’m going to say. I just make a few points of what I want to talk about and go up there and talk. I hardly even get nervous!! I just realized yesterday what a huge difference that is from when I first started my mission. My first talk was horrible!! haha And also in Gravata we had to teach the Gospel Principles class every Sunday. Yesterday the teacher was unable to come so we volunteered to teach without preparing anything, and it went great. Also a huge difference from the start of my mission, I remember feeling so stupid and incapable sometimes in Gravata and I felt like I had to be a missionary and then also 5 other callings. But I know that God puts us where best fits us so that we can learn and grow. I wouldn’t trade my 7 months there for anything! I am so grateful for everything that I am learning every single day here that is making me a better person.

Tonight we have FHE with a family from our ward and we invited one of our investigators. It should be great. Also this week for New Years we have to be in the house at 6 but President Bigelow gave us some activities to do to reflect on this year and makes goals for the next year. What are your plans?

To answer some questions.....our apartment is like a ten minute walk from the ocean, but we see the ocean every day. It is the best. Sometimes we take like a five minute break just to sit and look at the ocean. It is so relaxing. Yesterday we had lunch with a member who lives in a nice apartment. They have an ocean view. It was so pretty. The beach was full of people. I wanted to join them on the beach so bad!! It’s so weird to be a missionary in a vacation area. The ocean has a beautiful reef so the sharks can’t get you. I don’t think Jess would get in the water here because there are a lot of signs that say beware of the sharks. But with the reef they can’t get you! The water is so pretty and clear. You guys have to come here some day!

I live with just me and Sister Cariola.  Our apartment is nice and we keep it clean. It’s definitely different not living with four girls but I think I prefer it like this. I like getting to know other sisters too though.

Did you know that I only have 6 more months? What in the heck? It passes by way too fast. I’m excited to come home but I also freak out a little bit when I think of how fast it goes by. I want to cry!

I have lots of pictures to send from last P-day when we went to Cabo and then from Christmas too. I hope you all have a great week! Love you guys!!

Love,

Sister Bedke

Beautiful views in Cabo!





Do you see the monkey?

Christmas in Boa Viagem


 Recife skyline

Christmas morning with Sister Cariola

0 comments:

Post a Comment