Monday, January 12, 2015

Week 50 - Boa Viagem

Hello family!

This has been a great week. We have been so busy and it’s the best. We are teaching lots of people! Three of them decided they want to be baptized--Perla, Manaseis, and Daniel. We made goals with all of them and they are super excited as are we! Daniel is planning for this Sunday!

Yesterday one of our investigators brought his mom--who is super, super, super faithful to her church. I don’t think her church exists in the United States at least. They have to wear jean skirts and can’t use make-up or dance or cut their hair. And lots of people here are from this church. Anyways she decided that she wanted to get to know our church and came yesterday. And she loved it!! Her son wanted to leave after sacrament meeting but she made him stay for all three hours with her. Sacrament meeting was the best. I love testimony meeting here because everyone loves to bear their testimony. After the Bishop gets done talking like 20 people rush the pulpit and sit in a line waiting for their turn to share their testimony. It is the coolest thing ever to see so many people so proud and happy to share with everyone what they believe. There is never the awkward silence in between testimonies.

We had the best lesson with another investigator. He has been reading the Book of Mormon and he felt the Spirit and decided he needed to change. The last visit we marked Alma 5 and wrote in the book “what changes do I need to make to prepare myself to live with God again?”  He said that after he read that he knew he wanted to be baptized and make the Gospel a part of his life. It was awesome! He has changed so much from the first time we met him.

This week on New Year’s Eve we had to go to the house early because of all the people that were partying on the streets. President Bigelow sent us a talk to print off and study that night. It talked about how to be better teachers. I learned so much! Mom maybe it would be something you would like and dad too! It’s called To Learn and To Teach More Effectively by Elder Scott. Anyways after I read it I decided to write down everything I learned in 2014. The list was big! I realized again how thankful I am for my mission! It is really rewarding to see the change that has happened. I am just super grateful!

Thank you guys for everything you do for me! Have a great week. Love you!

Love,

Sister Bedke

0 comments:

Post a Comment