Monday, January 12, 2015

Week 51 - Boa Viagem

Dear Family,

This has been a great week! This morning we went to a tourist area with Jamerson and Ana. It was on the ocean and had a lot of sculpture things. It was so pretty!! I forgot my connecter for my camera so I’ll send all the pictures next week. To answer your questions mom I am doing good. I’m not sick anymore and I’m feeling great!

Yesterday Daniel was baptized!! It was the best. A lot of members were there and made him feel super special and welcome. The Bishop gave a great talk and few other members as well. It was perfect. Afterwards we passed by Daniel’s house to see what he thought about it and he was so happy!! He has changed so much. It’s the coolest thing to be able to see the huge difference that the Gospel makes in our lives. He told us how good and happy he felt and how he’s so excited to be a home teacher! I’ll send the pictures next week too.

Also another investigator went to his baptism and got super excited for hers this Saturday. She has been inviting all her friends and people from the ward and every time we see her she tells us how excited she is for Saturday. She is another that has changed soooo much! When we first met her she was super quiet and kinda seemed like she was trying to find things that were wrong about what we taught. And now she’s talking about going on a mission!!! I would love that! She’s only 24 so she could totally go. That would be the coolest thing ever.

This week we had a FHE with a recent convert family with a mom and two teenage daughters. We talked about the Book of Mormon and at the end shared our testimonies and scriptures that made a difference in our lives. I talked about why I chose to go on a mission and I read a little from 2 Nephi 4 where it talks about trusting in the arm of God and not in the arm of man. This Sunday the 17 year old daughter sat by me and started to cry and thanked me for sharing that scripture and experience with her. She said that this week some of her friends were giving her a hard time for getting baptized and how it really bothered her but she remembered the scripture and remembered why she was baptized. Experiences like these are why I love being a missionary. It is the most rewarding thing. I am so grateful to be here and help other people be closer to Christ.

I hope you all have a great week. Thanks for the pictures and enjoy the snow. Love you all!

Love,

Sister Bedke

0 comments:

Post a Comment