Monday, April 13, 2015

Week 64 - Camaragibe

Dear Family and Friends,

Thank you so much for the pictures. Everett is the cutest thing ever. I’m so excited to meet him. Rae and Carter look so cute with him. I loved that picture of the 5 generations with Grandma Weeze. That is so neat!

This week has been the best. So many miracles happened! I know I always talk about the family we are working with, but they are the pride and joy of my mission!! I am just so happy for them. It has been a battle, but I think that now everything is organized and yesterday we met with them and the Bishop and I think everyone is on the same page. Their wedding and baptism is gonna be this Saturday. Their oldest son who has been a member for a year is going to baptize them. Then on Sunday they’ll be confirmed and the Father will get the priesthood and then the next Saturday he can baptize his two daughters. We wanted it all on the same day, because it isn’t recommended this way. But the Bishop brought up this idea and then they got all excited and didn’t want it any other way. But everything will work out fine. Last night we were over there and it’s getting hard to teach them because the whole time everyone likes to share what they are learning, how much they are loving church, what they read from the Book of Mormon, and just everything! They teach us the whole time haha. D--who was super against the idea of being baptized two weeks ago--shared her testimony yesterday in sacrament meeting!!! She is 11 years old and she went up there by herself to share her testimony. It was the cutest thing ever. Sister Vasquez and I were about in tears. Every single one of them have changed and made so much progress that sometimes I can’t even believe it. It just makes me so happy and grateful to be here. Heavenly Father truly hears and answers prayers, and the Gospel changes lives. I am a witness of those two things! One more thing...yesterday the Mother was in doubt if she wanted to do the wedding and baptism on the same day because of her hair and makeup and that it would be super rushed. We were trying to tell her how everything would be fine and to not worry about it but she still wasn’t super excited about the whole thing. But then D takes out her journal where she took notes for conference and reads what one of the apostles said, "don’t put off for tomorrow the things that you can do today." hahaha It was so funny because her mother was just like "wow that was a slap in the face. Ok fine we can do it all on the same day!"

Yesterday was transfer calls. Sister Vasquez and I are staying together again!!! You guys will get to meet her on Mother’s Day!! I can’t even believe that today I started my second to last transfer. Crazy!! I hope that I get to stay here the rest of my mission. This transfer is only 5 weeks. Idk why but it’s gonna go by so fast. I’m starting to freak out. It’s just going by sooooo fast!!

This week I had an interview with President Bigelow. He is the best. I’m so glad that I get to know him better with a leadership position. I have learned soooooo much from him. He helped me so much. He said that my last transfer we will have another interview and we'll talk more about my future and my life after. He has some talks for me to read and we'll make goals in four parts of life: physical, social, mental, and espiritual. and I’ll be able to leave here and continue progressing and enduring to the end.

Ok I think that’s it for this week. Thank you so much for the pictures. I loved them all! I hope you all have a great week! Love you!!!

Love,

Sister Bedke








0 comments:

Post a Comment