Monday, April 27, 2015

Week 66 - Camaragibe

Dear Family and Friends,

How are you guys? It looks super cold there! I’m a little jealous to be honest.  haha  I miss the cold! Congrats on the track meets Rae and Cart and thanks for the pictures!

This week has gone by super, super fast. I have learned to have more patience and to put myself in others shoes. Two girls we're teaching were all ready to be baptized on Sunday, but it didn’t end up happening. The whole week they were back and forth about the baptism and I still don’t understand completely why. D was sooo excited for it and was crying because she was so sad that they were wanting to wait a little more. We finally figured out the holdup is because a lot of their extended family have been saying things and that they are forcing the girls to join the church too etc. Especially S's mom is super sad because before D always went to church with her and she feels left out. We didn’t really know how best to help them, but we were reading in the Ensign and we both loved the talk from President Monson about having courage. I love that message! So we shared it with them and they all loved it as well. And they actually all talked with the grandma and invited her to come to church with them and they explained how they felt about the Gospel and everything calmed down. So as of now their baptism will be on May 10--Mother’s Day!!

V, a girl we've been working with for a while now, came to church yesterday! Yesterday was Stake Conference so it wasn’t the normal thing, but it was great. The talks were perfect and she said that she really liked it and was planning on coming back. All the visitors got a free DVD and Ensign too so she thought that was so cool haha.

M's mom, S, has made a lot of progress recently. She still doesn’t completely understand apostasy and the difference between our church and others, but she is getting there. We read a lot from the Book of Mormon with her.  She loves it. She already has a testimony that it is a true book from God. She told us that she is scared to pray because she knows that she'll receive an answer and have to change haha. So that’s the only thing that is holding her up is being scared of the unknown. But she has opened up a lot since the first time we started teaching her!

Something that I learned this week in my personal study as I was reading in the Bible and in John 5:30 made me stop and think...."I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will but the will of the Father which hath sent me." (see also John 6:38 and 4:34) I love these scriptures. Jesus was always the perfect example of humility and obedience. He was perfect and had so sins, but yet He always sought the will of Heavenly Father. He knew His purpose here and followed with exactness everything that Heavenly Father commanded. So when we have a choice to make, we can know that our "judgment is just" if we just follow Gods will. Sometimes it’s hard because we want what we want, but I know that when we do God’s will we will always be the happiest. Jesus was the perfect instrument in God’s hands because He always sought and did God’s will and never His own.

Thanks for everything! Love you all and hope you have a great week!

Love,

Sister Bedke

0 comments:

Post a Comment