Monday, April 13, 2015

Week 62 - Camaragibe

Hello!!!

I am so happy!! Everett is the cutest most perfect thing I’ve ever seen. I already love him. I’m crying over here! I cant wait to meet him. Keep sending pictures every week of him. I’m so happy for Jess and Scott. Congrats congrats congrats! He is perfect! 

Thank you everyone for the emails! Sorry I don’t think I’ll have time to email everyone back this week, but I’ll try my best! I feel so blessed to have such great friends and family.

I don’t have much time this week because I’ve already spent like 45 minutes just looking at the pictures of my nephew :):):) haha but I’ll tell you real quick about yesterday. I had such a great birthday. Seriously it was the best. We did a family home evening with the family we are teaching and it was perfect. We shared a lesson about building your foundation on Christ from Helaman 5:12. We did like an object lesson where we had 3 cups. One represented praying, the other going to church, and the other reading scriptures. And then showed that when we do these simple things we have a foundation strong enough we will be able to withstand temptations etc.  Maybe a little cheesy...idk how to explain it, but they really understood and they made a goal to always have family scripture study and prayer. It is just the most rewarding thing ever to help this family. I know how much of a difference it made in our family and how our family is so much closer because of family home evening. We taught the father how it is his responsibility to direct the meeting and choose who will pray and all that stuff. He was a little nervous because he didn’t know if he was doing it right (I don’t think there exists a wrong way) haha but it was the cutest thing ever. I was just sitting there at the end when we were singing  "Families Can Be Together Forever" thinking that there aren’t many things better than this--helping others have their eternal family. It was the best night. And then at the end the mom made a pineapple cake!!! Fresh pineapple from Brazil! It was so good!!

Sorry this letter is quick! I love you guys. Thank you so much for everything.

Love,


Sister Bedke


0 comments:

Post a Comment