Monday, June 30, 2014
Week 23 - Recife

Hello :) Thank you for the letters. It sounds like you guys had a good week. Mom I’m so jealous you’re going to Florida!! I want to go swimming! I got your box today and also a letter you sent with other letters in it. I haven’t had time to open it yet but I’m sure I’ll love everything!
I’m in Recife right now for transfers. And I just found out that I’m training a new missionary. What the crap!!! I’m freaking out but it’s gonna be fine. The new missionaries don’t get here till Wednesday, so I’m gonna go on divisions with the sisters here in Recife tomorrow and then I’ll get my new comp on Wednesday and head back to Gravata. I feel like I still need trained!!!! I don’t know very much Portuguese yet and my área is freakin huge and now I have to know where everything is! I just want her to have a good first experience as a missionary and feel like her companion has things under control. We will see about this!! Sister Rodrigues got transfered to a diferente área (this computer is automatically switching some words to Português) and Sister Fortes just got transferred to take Sis Rod´s spot. So we´re still in the same house! The transfer meeting was really fun. It was the last meeting for Presidente and Sister Lanius. They were sad. Our new presidente arrives I think Friday! I think I’ve told you this but he’s American and he still has like 3 kids living with him.
We had a really good week again. Alana´s baptism is this Sunday! She is so prepared. I’m so excited for her! She has so much Faith and desire to Always do what’s right. (Idk what is wrong with this computer.) Also we went to Clivia´s house I think 3 times this week. Her parents were always at work, but we taught her and her sisters. They are the best!!!! Her older sisters said that they want to serve missions someday too. They were asking us all these questions about what they need to do to go on a mission. It was adorable! The only thing is they aren’t 15 yet so the only way they can be baptized is if their mom gets baptized but she’s living with a guy not married and they don’t have any desire to get married so I don’t think that will happen any time soon. But if they go to church regularly for 3 months they can. Remember these rules cause I don’t want to explain it every time por favor :) Also about Jô! Idk if I’ve talked about her before. We’ve been teaching her for probably 1 1/2 months now but we thought she just liked visiting with us and wouldn’t really progress because she would never come to church. But this week I don’t even know what happened! We watched the movie legacy with her and she really liked it and said that Joseph Smith really was a prophet. So we invited her to be baptized again and she’s on date for 3 weeks from yesterday. I have a picture with her I’ll send.
Everyone is still crazy on the days Brazil plays! It’s so exciting when they play but also so boring because we can only sit in our houses. Idk what else to say about this week. I feel like I’m missing something big, but I don’t have as much time to write today as I normally do so I have to go. Pray for me to be able to train a new missionary. I still don’t even know what the heck?!!!! But it’s gonna be fun. Love and miss you guys. Thank you for everything!!
Love,
Sister Bedke

0 comments:

Post a Comment