Sunday, June 1, 2014
Week 19 - Gravata

I never know how to start my letters! Dad, thank you so much for the detailed description of Rae’s track meet. I almost felt like I was there it was so descriptive :) I was cracking up reading it. But do that every time! I’m so excited for Rae!!! When are regionals? And holy crap her mile time is amazinggggg!! I wish I could watch her win state :)  Also good job Carter on the baseball game!! You’re awesome! Thank you for the pictures!

I haven’t gotten any letters or packages yet. But maybe they are at the office in Recife, I don’t know! Our zone leaders go to Recife I think once a transfer and bring back all the mail for us. Is it really expensive to send letters here?

I don’t know what to say about this week! The 10 year old girl that we can’t baptize yet, Clìvia, was the only investigator in church yesterday. She is awesome though! We are going to start teaching her mom this week so hopefully that goes well! If she wants to get baptized then Clìvia can too! Alana is doing really well. She works on some Sundays which is hard! But she has been reading the Book of Mormon and praying about it. Her 11 year son, Caeo, has been reading as well. She said she’ll come to church this Sunday because she doesn’t have work, so fingers crossed! Also we’ve been teaching the parents of a member. He is 11 years old too and he is the only member in his family. He is the cutest kid ever and always has a smile on his face. I’m not sure how interested his parents are though. It’s the weirdest thing, they make Junior read his scriptures, say prayers, go to church and everything, yet they won’t do it themselves. I don’t get it!! We were teaching a lady named Betania and she was progressing so well! She’s been to church once! But she called us this week and her husband is stupid and she moved out of the house and is getting divorced. She’s living with her friend not in our area for now, but she said she’ll call us when she finds a place of her own. It’s so sad! Also we found a lady name Neves knocking on doors. She is such a diva, but she is so funny. She asked me if I would marry her grandson!!! And he was sitting right there, it was so embarrassing! And also he’s like 16 I think! It was awkward. They are catholic, but they love us and are interested to learn more.

Sister Fortes is awesome!  She is a great missionary and teaches the gospel so well. Before my mission everyone would say that missions are an emotional roller coaster and I didn’t understand how or why but since I got to Brazil I understand perfectly!  I’m learning a lot that is true. I have to remember that.

We get to go to the temple this week! On Wednesday! I’m so excited! It’s going to be so pretty! I’ll take lots of pictures for you guys. I don’t have any pictures for this week. So next week I should have a lot. We are having a mission conference on the same day too. It’s going to be so fun! Hopefully I’ll see Elder Zeitner from my MTC district. We are split into half though since there are so many missionaries.

I think that’s it for this week. Sorry this letter is kinda boring. Next week I’ll have lots of pictures. Hope you all have a great week!

Love,


Sister Bedke

0 comments:

Post a Comment